[Unity Asset] Save Manager
A downloadable Asset for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Working on your next game project? Need any easy way to save and load your game? Unsure how to save and load your game? This is the asset for you.
The Save Manager is designed for beginners as well as veteran developers. Beginners will find the editor widow and class generation provided in this asset to be really useful, while veterans can add additional save types to the manager manually, bypassing the editor window all together. The asset allows you to save most common datatypes into a local file which can be loaded at your convenience.
This version is our free edition, we may release a paid edition in the future which will be cheap and have a lot of additional features and tools to make saving and loading a game a breeze, this includes multiple save files, player profile saves and more! If you request a feature for this asset, it may not end up in the free version as the paid version may already have it.
Docs | Discord | Email: email@example.com
- Custom Editor Window
- Easy To Use!
- Save & Load Vectors, Colors and your own Custom Classes!
- Ideal for beginner developers
- Regularly updated and maintained
- Active support via email or our discord community
How to Install & Where to start
- Import the package into your project
- Place the contents of "editor", "resources" & "scripts" into your own folders in the root assets directory (This is only needed for the editor folder really, but it will help keep the project clean).
- Wait for the Unity Editor to refresh!
The asset is now installed, for beginner usage start with the following to get the editor window open and setup the savedata class for use.
- Open the Editor window via Carter Games/Save Manager/SaveDataEditor found on the top navigation bar in Unity.
- Use the interface to setup your save data class by adding fields and configuring them as needed.
- Then just call SaveManager.SaveGame() & SaveManager.LoadGame() to save you load you game data where needed!
Managed to find a bug? Have a problem with our asset?
If you are having any issues with our assets, please do let us know via our Discord or Email. We can't fix or add things to our asset if we don't know what is wrong with it. Please do not use the reviews section to report bugs or request features as we can't directly communicate with you to resolve the issue through this channel.
Follow the download link to get the asset from the Unity Asset store! or import the package into your project and follow the documentation to set the asset up in your project.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.